Skin Care for Guys
Well, fellas, the time has come to discuss the skin care routine you need in your life! You may think you’re daily soap bar is doing the job, but there are a few extra steps you should be taking. Like women, your skin requires care and attention! This routine is an easy to follow, five step, and only 5 minutes of your time.
But before we get into the actual process, you need to know what your skin type is. There are three types of skin:
- Normal: Balanced, not too oily not too dry, hardly any acne
- Oily: Shiny skin, excessive oily spots, acne is a problem
- Dry/Sensitive: Flaky, dry patches, easily irritated, tight
Now that you’ve figured out your skin type, you can adjust the skincare products you use to the ones targeted towards helping with that kind of skin.
Okay now for the fun part! Here are the four steps for your easy skin care routine:
- Cleanse: Every morning and night, wash your face with a facial cleanser made specifically for your skin type.Doing this will help with removing dead skin cells and other impurities in the morning and preventing clogged pores when done at night.
- Facial Scrub: Doing this in the morning and before shaving helps with ingrown hairs, clogged pores, dead skin cells, and bumps! It will give your shave a cleaner cut as well!
- Hydrate: After the scrub for the morning and the cleanse at night, use a men’s moisturizer. This does more than give your skin moisture. As you age, your skin cells have a harder time absorbing moisture. Doing this will allow for you cells to be alert and continue incorporating the hydration throughout aging.
- Prevention: For the final step, you must protect your skin. Wearing sunscreen every day prevents sun damage, wrinkles, and sunburn. Just putting on a thin layer before heading out for the day can make a huge difference in how your skin looks and feels everyday!